DEMAND and benefits MANAGEMENT
Project management is about delivering projects the right way, while demand management is about choosing the right projects to execute.
Projects require a large amount of resources both financial and human to be delivered, hence when you’re doing some projects you can´t be doing others. Organizations need to make sure the projects they choose to execute will lead to achieve the setted business goals.
Are you selecting the best projects portfolio for your organization? Ask yourself:
- Does my ongoing projects contribute to deliver the desired business strategy?
- Am I capturing the better return on investment?
- Does my ongoing projects constitute a lower risk portfolio?
- Am I combining these 3 factors to obtain the best version for my portfolio?
The expected benefits need to be clearly identify for a go or no-go decision, with cost and benefits future projection, and a strategic and risk analysis. Nonetheless, to drive accountability and learn from missed forecasts a process must be in place to track the benefits after project execution, and understand the root causes of the missed expectations.
To assist organizations in deploying an adequate model for demand management and benefit realization, SHIFT has developed the SHIFT 2 Demand solution which extends the capabilities of Microsoft Project Online and supports a rich Demand Management process, catering for the following scenarios:
- Stage Gate process request
- Ideation process
- New product development
- Business case and investment analysis
- Project Charter
- Benefits Management.
All this within Office 365 and integrated with Project Online.